Growing up in Saudi, like anywhere else, gave most of us the privilege to have tried the best local food (Bukhari or mandi, anyone?), sweets and snacks. Chances are, even if you’ve left Saudi, your mouth will water over these eight nostalgic childhood snacks we’d indulge in.
Check them out below:
1. Almarai Chocolate Milko or Galaxy chocolate milk
Fancy schmancys would walk around school with this in hand, and we would try to conceal the inner bitterness.
2. Gandur Safari ‘Pick One’
Tarzan vibes and a favorite kiddie snack
3. SAR3 Shawarmas was all you needed!
Perfect when hungry and broke from purchasing DVDs/casettes
4. The only juice anyone will ever need: Sun Top or Sun Cola
You can’t have a sip, nope
5.Affordable and ever trustworthy SAR 1 Sadafco or Saudia Ice Cream Sandwich
6. A Girl’s Best Friend: The candy wedding ring
Who doesn’t remember running to their friends, exclaiming how you just got married, then proceeding with basically eating away your ‘ring’
7. Nasma chips, sprinkled with a bit of hot sauce
‘Cus nothing screams cool, like Crystal’s hot sauce on your chips.
8. Last but definitely not the least, RIKO BISCUITS!
No explanation needed. The branding, logo, packaging- is all too exciting to even look at.
What were your favorite snacks/sweets as a child, in Saudi?
Let us know in the comment section below