It’s a Thursday, and the yowm el khamees wanasa (Thursday entertainment) tweets have taken over Saudi’s twitter-sphere yet again.
If you’re new to the Saudi Twitter scene, then you might not know that specific hashtags have a consistency to them within the Kingdom’s community.
Every morning, for example, a hashtag about breakfast creates a trending topic on the social media platform. Within it, people share their morning moods, what they had for breakfast and anything morning-related.
At least, relatively.
And well, Thursdays bring a myriad of moods for what the weekend is about to endow.
Here is a couple that you might be able to relate to…
1. The (evidently) very excited ‘no more routine’ mood
It’s the weekend, no work or school the next day. This is the BIG mood of all Thursday moods and most can probably relate.
For some reason waking up and knowing it’s a Thursday automatically makes a working day feel shorter, don’t ya think?
2. The nighttime post-adulting planner MOOD
The mall, a chill hangout at a friend’s or going for dinner to that place you’ve been craving for a while.
I need to have dinner at Nozomi ????????????
— تغريد (@Taghroooda) October 4, 2018
3. The unbothered and ‘weekends don’t really make a difference to me’ mood
Perhaps they just enjoy what they do during the weekdays?
Or have completely given up on weekend fun?
#الخميس_الونيس I can’t see any wanasa honestly till now ????????♀️
— Thuraya (@Thuraya2267) October 4, 2018
4. For many, the weekend is a chance to revive and truly hibernate before you have to start all over again on Sunday
— Fūka ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト (@FukaChihiro) October 4, 2018
5. Some of us are keen on chasing sunsets once the weekend rolls around
Beach time? Yes, please.
— مَيَمَ السهلى (@ma1988_) October 4, 2018
6. This is the big exhale some of us might have needed
I need it ????
— ShahD ???? (@Shahd00na) October 4, 2018
7. The countdown to the time you get to leave your office or school is almost thrilling
5 hours…. 4 hours left… 3 hours left… two hours… one hour… BYE!
One hour left ???? #الخميس_الونيس
— ????????❤️ (@najla2_2018) October 4, 2018
8. And last but not least…