Whenever there’s rain in Jeddah, or the entire Kingdom, residents have certain reactions to it. It’s a bit of a novelty, so we naturally get a bit excited initially…
We all do it. And we all go through a wave of emotions whenever there’s a bit of precipitation.
1. Shock: OMG it’s raining!
Clouds and rain! What is this?
2. Documentation: Better get a snap for Twitter/Instagram! #SaudiRain
Because if we don’t share it on social media – did it really happen?
3. Fear: Oh no, the traffic is going to be horrific
The reality of it all starts to hit you
4. Discussion: Talk about the weather with everyone you see
“How about this weather eh?” the perfect smalltalk.
5. Fatigue: Why is everyone talking about the weather?
We get it Jen, it’s raining. But do you have to post six times and tell everyone in the office?
6. Grief (unless you’re a teacher): Everything is cancelled and you pretty much have nothing to do
Sport events, performances, meet-ups with friends!?
7. Happiness: You realise it’s a Netflix in your onesie day
Ah, with everything cancelled, it’s time to catch up on all those episodes of The Crown you’ve missed.