Arabs or anyone living in the Middle-East alike are seasoned travellers. This means we enjoy our holiday trips anywhere in the world, but most especially when it’s in Europe.
And why not? It’s a great break from the things we don’t see or feel (SNOW anyone?) in the desert. Also, a great excuse to try out a new country’s cuisine and post amazing photos on Instagram.
I’m sure a few of us can relate to these seven things people from Saudi Arabia (and anyone in the region) do or HAVE DONE when in Europe:
1. The infamous phone booth in London selfie for Instagram
I don’t think I’ve met anyone who has travelled to London and not come back with either a full-body shot by the phone booth, or holding the phone up as if to ring a good ‘ole friend.
But it’s there and we’re all totally guilty of it.
2. The ‘I am taller than the Eiffel Tower’ set of touristy photos again
3. Whichever part of Europe, you must always shop for all the summer clothes during their WINTER
I mean, this one’s just smart. May it be Primark or anything else in Oxford Street or Belgium’s shopping districts- you find the summer clothes for pretty much a steal due to the weather differences.
4. You probably had McDonald’s more than you did the local cuisine
Let’s be real
5. All the winter clothes you bought from H&M can finally be put to good use
Ugg- lookin’ boots check, houndstooth print coat CHECK, gloves CHECK
6. Will still have shisha whenever possible
Grape na3na3, please (Grape with mint)