I’m sure everyone can agree on the fact that there’s no better feeling of reminiscence than that of nostalgia. Nostalgia is, in essence, akin to music- in the way that it’s been felt or experienced by every individual on this planet.
And everyone that has experienced a memory from their younger years, may it be from a chocolate bar or a Disney film you loved- knows that once you take that stroll down memory lane, you keep on going.
That’s what our fellow Saudis did on the social media platform, Twitter, today.
A hashtag called #زمن_الطيبين allowed for a public platform wherein thousands of users shared memories from their childhood, during the prime of the ’90s in Saudi Arabia.
If you or someone you know grew up in the Kingdom between the late ’80s- early 2000s, then some of these tweets should bare some remembrance.
1. For instance, who could forget the adventures of Heidi?
— حُلم ????. (@be_dreamer1) November 18, 2018
Or consume the same snack she was often found enjoying, bread and cheese.
2. All your snacks, at some point, were accompanied by this juice. Don’t even deny it, bro.
— تهانيإلعُتيبي☤رت للمثبته (@xvllic) November 18, 2018
3. Studying in the early 2000s meant never NOT breaking these at least once a day
4. And summers meant taking sips of your favorite flavored frozen ice
5. Advertisements with the cheesiest rhyme schemes were all the rage, just like this one
— ???? جنتل نصراوي ???? ???????? (@kagool505) November 18, 2018
6. And those edible ‘bracelets’ everyone rocked in school
7. These Playstation games were the after-school activity you could barely wait for
All hail Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario!
8. When the SAR5 could get you a meal and a drink. Solid.
— Fahad Alanazi (@fahad09_1) November 18, 2018
9. Who else could forget watching movies on VHS?
تلقى شريط مكتوب عليه شيء.،
بس المحتوى الداخلي شيء آخر????????
تفهم ماتفهم مشكلتك
— Soulmate (@x3ziz87) November 18, 2018
Or the time KFC’s kids meals gave a VHS free after ordering a meal. *Sigh*, those were the days.
10. When your homework consisted of drawing freakin’ maps. The stress was real.
11. ’90s kids can tell ya just how much better Atari was than a Playstation
— ????????صالح العوفي???????? (@sasaAlhrbi) November 18, 2018
12. Who can remember playing the ‘Snakes’ game on this?
يا كثر ما حزنااا لما فتحنا الرساله بسرعه ???????? pic.twitter.com/POrp6X1Tvc
— المهاا♡♡..???????? (@mmaahhaa_2) November 18, 2018
13. Watching ‘Full House’ was a HUUUUGE part of some of our childhood
14. This is what every baqala had to have in the early 2000s
— رﺩ̲ قﻟ̲بـيے يےۆﻣ̲ ﺷ̲ﻟ̲يےﺗ̲ﮬ̲̌ﮧ♥️ (@Gooodi_m) November 18, 2018
15. And last but not least, the iPod of the ’90s
— مَـــاجده الفَــارانْ ☪️ (@qaammrr) November 18, 2018
You were pretty much the cool kid if you had this.