HH Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud being our current Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is also the First Deputy Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia and the youngest minister of defence in the world.
However, apart from all the social and economic progressions and positive changes he is bringing to the Kingdom with his leadership, there are a few other things you might not already know about him.
Here’s a few of them:
1. He is one of the youngest rulers of the Kingdom, at 32 years old (currently)
2. He replaced his older cousin Mohammed bin Nayef as next in line to the throne, by order of the King
3. He will be the face of change for Saudi Arabia in terms of modernisation and diversity
He has a vision 2030 and its core is to create a diversity by modernising Saudi’s society and the economy (via news.com.au). He also plans for Saudi’s revenue to be less dependent on oil and has opened up the tourism sector for the country.
Crown Prince gave this statement to Washington Post in an interview
“I’m young. 70% of our citizens are young,” he said. “We don’t want to waste our lives in this whirlpool that we were in the past 30 years. We want to end this epoch now. We want, as the Saudi people, to enjoy the coming days, and concentrate on developing our society and developing ourselves as individuals and families, while retaining our religion and customs. We will not continue to be in the post-’79 era,” he concluded. “That age is over.”
4. He received a bachelor’s degree in law from King Saud University
5. He is the eldest of his full siblings
And is the older brother of Turki bin Salman who was the chairman of the Saudi Research and Marketing Group.
6. He was born in Jeddah!
Yep, our Crown Prince is a born Jeddawi
7. He’s married to Sara bint Mashoor bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
8. He is an offspring from a long lineage of rulers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Here’s a chart of the family tree, for your reference. Whoah.
9. He is approximately 6’0ft tall
10. He is worth US$3 billion!
That’s approx 11,251,050,000 SAR btw.