The King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) pronounced “cake” is one of the most ambitious projects of Saudi Arabia. The city was built from scratch and is continually developing and hundreds of thousands of residents have already moved in. KAEC continues to grow as jobs and industries are growing in it by the day. Once completed it expected to be larger than Washington D.C. Here are 10 things we love about the place.
1. Look at its beautiful sandy beaches.
2. In fact, a lot of the accommodations are designed as such that you get breathtaking views of the Red Sea.
3. And, if you don’t then you’ll be treated to expanses of greenery like this.
4. It holds a major event every month.
5. Just look at how many celebrities have performed here – Nelly, Yanni, Cheb Khalid… the list is long.
6. It holds an exclusivity around it, as on normal days you can’t just enter it like entering another city. Your purpose has to be clearly explained at its gates.
7. KAEC feels just like a city sized expat compound; almost like you are living in some other country.
8. The city is located close to both Makkah and Madinah.
9. It is connected by high-speed train with the Two Holy Cities along with Jeddah.
10. KAEC has clubhouses, an 18-hole golf course, a health complex and state of the art amenities all of which are making us jealous of its residents.