8 Reasons Why Saudi Arabia Is Still One Of The Best Places For Expats To Live In
The number of expats leaving Saudi is at its highest ever, with 2017 seeing hundreds of thousands leave the country. There are many reasons for this, which include the dependent levy, higher cost of living and better opportunities elsewhere.
But despite it all Saudi Arabia is still one of the best places for expats to live in, we give you 9 reasons why.
1. There is no income tax.
If it was the west or any other developed country for that matter around 30% will be straight cut out from your salary in income taxes.
2. It is mandatory for companies to provide air tickets to expats.
Some companies even cover the school fees of children of employees.
3. Plus, health insurance is compulsory as well.
Even the employee’s family is provided health insurance by the company.
4. Though other levies are put on expats starting last year on the brighter side there has been a decrease in residential rents this year.
Some have seen annual rent prices fall over SAR 6000.
5. Ask anyone who has stayed in Saudi for long and they’ll probably tell you that there is "barakah" (blessings) in the wealth earned here.
In fact, Saudi Arabia is the 2nd highest source of foreign remittance in the world.
6. Compared to other countries in the GCC Saudi Arabia has a much cheaper cost of living.
Ask anyone who’s lived in those places and you'll know.
7. Every expat employee is entitled to GOSI by the government.
It covers compensations for work-related injuries.
8. Having a Saudi Iqama allows for visa-free access to many countries.
These include Bahrain, Tunisia and Georgia amongst others.