11 Reasons Why It Would Be Way Too Hard To Leave Saudi And Live Somewhere Else
So say you have returned back to your home country or went on living somewhere else, voluntarily or involuntarily some part of Saudi still remains with you. And, no matter how hard you try there are so many things that you get used to that are hard to leave behind.
1. The sound of the AC when you sleep.
Either the weather is too cold or electricity is too expensive that you are forced to sleep without the sound of the AC that you have gotten so used to while sleeping.
2. You’ll have to say goodbye to your huge SUV.
Which you could afford because petrol was super cheap in Saudi Arabia.
3. The numerous cuisines we have in Saudi are hard to forget.
Hunger pangs already.
4. Then there is the shawarma.
Because the shawarma we get in most parts of the world can’t even be called shawarma.
5. Get ready to work on Fridays.
Those late Thursday night outings would also have to be given a miss.
6. And, you’ve probably forgotten how to travel around public transport.
7. Then there are those high taxes that tear through your salaries.
Let the monthly budgeting begin.
8. The guaranteed sunshine that most of Saudi has is hard to come by.
No such thing as a depressing winter here.
9. There is no place in the world like Saudi Arabia during the month of Ramadan.
The 6-hour workdays that accompanied it were just the icing on the cake.
10. Also, there is the fact that you can head to Masjid Al Haram or Masjid An Nabawi whenever you felt like it.
And, come back with a deep sense of spiritual fulfillment.
11. Chances are that the city you have moved to shuts down at 9 PM.
In Saudi, that’s actually when the city awakes.