Malls Across Saudi Are Reopening Today Under Strict New Guidelines
Starting on Wednesday, the majority of malls across The Kingdom, excluding Mecca, will reopen.
The follows the ease of the 24-lockdown restrictions as Saudi works to gradually increase economic activities and return to normal working hours.
Mall of Arabia is back in business
Sterilisation process rolled out at malls across Saudi
Riyadh Gallery has also opened
All malls must adhere to the following guidelines
- Kids under the age of 15 will not be permitted to enter malls, and all entertainment and play areas will remain closed
- Gloves, masks and sterilization equipment must be at the mall entry, temperatures will be checked and anyone with a temperature of 38C and above will not be permitted entry.
- No chairs will be available and waiting areas will not be accessible.
- Mall security must be on standby to ensure visitors are wearing masks.
- Valet services will be temporarily suspended, malls must be sanitised every 24 hours and isolation rooms must be made available in case of infections.
- Stairs and elevators should be used, if lifts are needed, it should be a max of two people per lift
- Informative guides should be readily available to ensure the public is aware of all precautionary measures.